Welcome to Glendale Middle School
Glendale Middle School is pleased to announce that it has been selected to receive an Apple grant as a part of the ConnectED program.
Thank You Apple!
The award will enable Glendale to provide a comprehensive 1:1 technology solution for every student and teacher, including Apple hardware, software and services. This grant will have a tremendous impact on our students and our community. "By providing teachers and students access to powerful instructional technology, we will be able to expand and enhance our students' experience and exploration of the core curriculum."
News & Announcements
Posted: October 25, 2014
October 30 - Immigration & Resettlement Presentation 3:30pm GMS Library
October 31 - School Community Council Meeting 9:00am GMS Library
October 31 - End of 1st quarter
November 4 - Election Day
November 7 - SCC Parent Powerschool Training 9:00am GMS Library
November 11 - Veterans Day - Glendale Thanks You For Your Service
November 21 - School Community Council Meeting 9:00am GMS Library
November 26 - 28 Thanksgiving Vacation
December 2 - School Service Project: Holiday Cards For Heroes
December 5 - Parent Meeting 9:00am
December 8 - Snuggle Up & Read 4:00pm GMS Library
December 16 - Piano Recital 2pm & 7pm Auditorium
December 18 - Band & Choir Concert 2pm & 7pm Auditorium
December 19 - Parent Meeting 9:00am Conference Room
December 22 - January 2 Winter Holidays
Arts At Glendale
Posted: October 31, 2014.
Glendale Middle school hosted the Utah Gifted Music School Autumn Concert on October 31st 2014. Featuring the music of Antonio Vivaldi, child musicians as young as eleven entertained the audience with their musical talents. The showcase was a promotional event for some exciting new developments in Utah music education. Beginning in Spring 2015, a pilot music program will start offering music education in kindergarden through 8th grade, in select Salt Lake City School District schools. Mountain View Elementary, one of Glendale's feeder schools will be a part of the new program. Click here to watch the performance.
Glendale The Beautiful
Glendale Middle School opened on August 25, 2006. The innovative, contemporary and spacious building design, is the perfect canvas for the artwork by local artists and students, who would soon call Glendale's walls and pillars their home. Take a tour of Glendale's beautiful artwork.
Posted: November 2014
Dear Parents and Glendale Community Members:
As 2014 draws to a close, Glendale students and teachers are busy testing and doing assessments. Some of these activities are a practice run for the official SAGE tests, scheduled for February 2015. But whichever assessment they are involved in, we want Glendale students to do their best work and show what they know!
Please encourage your son or daughter to work hard, be at school on time and on-task in their classes. The study habits which they develop in school, will help your son or daughter be prepared to successfully graduate university and enter the workforce.
What are the SAGE tests?
Starting last spring, the State Board of Education required all Utah students, beginning in the third grade, to take new state tests. The tests, called SAGE (Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence), are designed to measure more challenging state standards in mathematics, English language arts, and science.
They are completely different from former statewide tests. Therefore,SAGE and CRT results cannot be compared.
Please keep in mind:
- SAGE testing is a completely new platform with a dramatic increase in rigor and expectations for students.
- Although SAGE scores are anticipated to be lower, we want you to know schools and teachers are working diligently to prepare students to meet the new rigorous requirements.
- Salt Lake City School District schools and teachers are making plans to share individual student results with parents and help them understand the new tests and reports.
- Teachers will be sharing individual student reports with parents sometime during the next few weeks.
We encourage families to visit the following sites for more information, sample test questions, or for resources to support student learning.
- The SAGE Portal Resources: http://sageportal.org/resources/
- The Utah State Office of Education SAGE Communication website: http://www.schools.utah.gov/assessment/SAGE-Communication.aspx
- The SAGE Training Tests: http://sageportal.org/training-tests/
- Elementary Math: http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/mathelem/Resources.aspx
- Elementary English Language Arts: http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/langartelem/Resources/Parent-Student.aspx
- Secondary Math: http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/mathsec/Web-Resources.aspx
- Secondary ELA: http://schools.utah.gov/curr/langartsec/
- Science: http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/science/default.aspx
The Pacific Islander Student Association (PISA) held its bi-annual Polynesian Awards Ceremony in the Glendale Auditorium on Thursday November 20th at 6pm. Hundreds of friends, family and well wishers gathered to recognize the achievement of 70 Glendale students. The award ceremony was followed by a potluck meal featuring delicious Pacific Island dishes. The event, organized and presented by Ailine Lao, Parent Liaison at Glendale Middle School, began with guest speakers who praised the efforts of Glendale's Pacific Island students.