Hello and Welcome to Glendale Middle School!
Glendale Middle School is located in the heart of West central Salt Lake City and is home to one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse populations in the state of Utah. Our school serves middle school students from all over the world, many of whom are newly arrived in the United States.
Our community partnerships help Glendale Middle School serve its unique population. Through our community partnerships and a broad academic programming, we are able to offer many special programs to our students:
- Glendale features Extended Learning Program classes, where academically gifted students are offered a chance to expand their knowledge.
- The school offers ELP classes in language arts, math and science as well as newcomer classes for students new to the United States.
- Glendale’s elective courses include fine arts classes such as drawing, pottery, sticker making, orchestra, band, theater, piano, and chorus.
- We have a robust after school program with a wide variety of classes and services, including movie critique, drama, sports, after school tutoring, technology, board games, and other exploratory classes.
The middle school years are exciting years as they are a time of great physical, emotional, and cognitive growth. You will be amazed at the rapid changes that happen in the next few years.
At Glendale, our goal is to support your child through these exciting years.
Our Student SMART Goals:
- Increase the number of students reading at or above grade level by 15% from BOY to EOY as measured by Lexile level on the RI with 95% participation rate.
- Increase instructional time by effective Tier 1 instruction, resulting in a 25% decrease in major office referrals measured in Power School February 2022 as compared to Ed Handbook February 2019 data.
- 42% of students identified as Multilingual Language Learners will make adequate progress as measured by WIDA Access.
Please remember you are a valuable partner in your child’s education and we take your input seriously. I welcome you to our school and hope that you will collaborate with us to help build a strong and effective school community.