Hello and Welcome to Glendale Middle School!
Glendale Middle School is in the heart of West central Salt Lake City and is home to one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse populations in the state of Utah. Our school serves middle school students from all over the world, many of whom are newly arrived in the United States. Glendale Middle’s mission is very clear: we prepare our students for high school. We work very hard with our feeder high school, East High, to make sure our students can enter a college or career pathway prepared for the rigor.
Our community partnerships help Glendale Middle School serve its unique population. Through our community partnerships and a broad academic programming, we can offer many special programs to our students:
- Glendale features Extended Learning Program classes, where academically gifted students are offered a chance to expand their knowledge. The school offers ELP classes in language arts, math and science.
- Our Spanish Dual Language Immersion program has the highest proficiency rates in the state. 80% of our DLI students score at or above the benchmark.
- Our CTE program specializes in teaching students the language of coding.
- Glendale’s elective courses include fine arts classes such as drawing, ceramics, physical education, debate, film appreciation, orchestra, band, theater, piano, and chorus.
- We have a robust after school program with a wide variety of classes and services, including movie critique, drama, sports, after school tutoring, technology, board games, and other exploratory classes.
Please note that the middle school years are exciting years as it is a time of great physical, emotional, and cognitive growth. You will be amazed at the rapid changes in your child that happen in the next few years. At Glendale, our goal is to support your child through these exciting years whether they need help emotionally or academically. We employee three counselors and two full-time social workers.
Please remember you are a valuable partner in your child’s education, and we take your input seriously. I welcome you to our school and I hope that you will collaborate with us to help build a strong and effective school community.