Hello and Welcome to Glendale Middle School!
Glendale Middle School is located in the heart of West central Salt Lake City and is home to one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse populations in the state of Utah. Our school serves middle school students from all over the world, many of whom are newly arrived in the United States.
Our community partnerships help Glendale Middle School serve its unique population. Through our community partnerships and a broad academic programming, we are able to offer many special programs to our students:
- Glendale features Extended Learning Program classes, where academically gifted students are offered a chance to expand their knowledge.
- The school offers ELP classes in language arts, math and science as well as newcomer classes for students new to the United States.
- Glendale’s elective courses include fine arts classes such as drawing, pottery, orchestra, band, piano, and drum line.
- We have a robust after school program with a wide variety of classes and services, including chess club, drama, sports, after school tutoring, summer school classes, Techniques For Tough Times, and exploratory classes.
The middle school years are exciting years as they are a time of great physical, emotional, and cognitive growth. You will be amazed at the rapid changes that happen in the next few years.
At Glendale, our goal is to support your child through these exciting years.
Our Student SMART Goals:
- Between now and December 2020, all teachers will teach Advisory classes three days per full school week, in which all lessons have a language objective, some identified content vocabulary and an AVID WICOR strategy, focused on reading, writing, listening or speaking.
- At least 90% of all Glendale students will feel connected to at least one adult and one core/elective/afterschool class, by December as evidenced by a school-wide survey.
Please remember you are a valuable partner in your child’s education and we take your input seriously. I welcome you to our school and hope that you will collaborate with us to help build a strong and effective school community.